Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Hot Damn

I mean that in every sense of the word. What a wkend.

Started off with a mixed trip up to clare. Went up thursday night for a full day assault on friday.
I was able to borrow jess's mums car which might just be the best surf vehicle ever. It's an opel zafira which does this amazing magic trick where the two rows of back seats disappear leaving enough room to fully spread out for an awesome nights sleep. As good as any i've had in my VW.

I got in an early surf at cregg (small but fun...ish) before heading up the coast

Including myself there were 5 people pointing there cameras at a pretty large crew of people throwing themselves over the edge. Never seen that many on one spot in ireland before



It wasn't exactly perfect especially on the smaller ones that the surfers where having a go on.

Not the easiest place to surf but you have to gives props to them for throwing themselves into it. Here's Liam Joyce doing just that.


Unfortunately his board didn't quite make it through this but i'm sure he was just glad it was his board and not him that broke. Took the poor guy a further 20 mins to make it the next 30 yards to dry land.


When the bigger ones came through though it sure did show it's perfect side.

A sight to behold


I was on my way back to Lahinch after when i realised i had done the stupidest thing i have done in a very long time. I forgot my board at the upper car park in lahinch that morning after my surf. When i got back it was gone so someone has picked it up. If you know of anyone who found a board on Friday morning bout half 8 or so let me know please. It's a Board Culture 6'1" round tail, all white board. Otherwise there'll be no surfing for pete for a long time :(

The rest of the wkend was taken up by the weather. We are having our summer right now. Forget work get out there and enjoy it.



I think i manged to eat my own body weight in meat over the last 3 days! mmmmm BBQ's




I also managed to make it out to Roches point for the sunset last night to cap off a sweet wkend. I even forgot about my board til this morning.


Wasn't a particularly great sunset but the moon rise was sweet



They're a bit grainy from the ISO but it was my first time trying to shoot this type of thing




Stoked!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff Pete! Really need to start a blog, I guess its a good dairy of the good days! Love the night shots, I scored a few small waves at the weekend 2, will send u a link once I edit a few pics together! Will keep my ear to the ground about the board, did u ask in the shops?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah went into all the shops (i think), no joy though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sick shots and great blog. Great to see another Irish one on the go!

    ReplyDelete